Skip to content
Celluloid Tamba Necklace
- Celluloid Tamba Heirloom Necklace
- Original Heirloom Tamba Necklace/ Waist Beads used by Traditional Fulani Women as waist decoration. These unusual flat disc shaped beads were much beloved in West Africa for their exotic material (resembling indigenous coconut shell disc shape beads but much thinner and finer), their intensity of color, and the sinuous, snake-like movement and appearance when worn on the body.
- Young women of a Marriageable Age might adorn their waists with these stunning multi-strand creations to enhance their natural beauty and to draw a potential suitor's eye and attention.
- Bead Approx. 8mm (Original German Celluloid Discs created in the early 1900's as a Trade Bead used extensively in West Africa)
- Approx. 34" long end to end.
- Origin is Nigeria.