Skip to content
Sodalite Flat Drop Earrings with Gold Filled French Earwires
- Sodalite Flat Drop Earrings with Gold Filled French Earwires
- Approx. 1 1/4" drop from ear
- Bead Size Approx. 14mm x 10mm
- Despite being discovered in the early 19th century in Greenland, Sodalite was not popular until the 1890s, when large deposits were found in Ontario. Sodalite gets its name from its high sodium content, and is well known in the gemstone world for its rich royal blue color and white veins of calcite. Sodalite can sometimes be confused with Lapis Lazuli, however Sodalite is classified as a mineral, whereas Lapis Lazuli is considered a rock. Lapis Lazuli is typically composed of 3 minerals: Lazurite, Calcite and Pyrite. Sometime Lapis Lazuli contains Sodalite as well. While the colors of Sodalite and Lapis Lazuli have some similarities, Sodalite tends more towards a violet blue color and never has inclusions of Pyrite. It is found in Canada, the United States, South America, and Russia. Sodalite is rumored in stone lore to increase self confidence and creativity.
- Hand-crafted at Beads of Paradise NYC