Skip to content
Smooth Pink Tourmaline Nuggets Knotted Necklace with Sterling Silver Lobster Clasp
- Smooth Pink Tourmaline Nuggets Knotted Necklace with Sterling Silver Lobster Clasp
- Approx. 22 1/4" long
- Bead Size Approx. : 6mm x 8mm to 20mm x 24mm
- The gemstone Tourmaline is the official and traditional birthstone for October and as the stone for the Zodiac sign of Leo. Known for centuries, Tourmaline first gained popularity when the Dutch began to import it in the early 17th century from Sri Lanka . Tourmaline was known by a Sinhalese name, Turamali, which is believed to mean "stone with mixed colors." Tourmaline has strong pleochroism, which means you can see different colors or depths of color when viewed at different angles. Some crystals form with multiple colors; one popular form is “Watermelon Tourmaline,” that displays both pink and green. There is also rare red Rubellite; Indicolite with bluish green colors; Chrome Tourmaline is green, but is different from the more common greens as it's rare rich green color is trace elements of chromium; Canary Tourmaline is bright yellow Tourmaline from Malawi; Schorl is the name given to black Tourmalines which are the most commonly found; and the most costly type is neon greenish-blue color Paraiba, named after the state in Brazil where is is found.
- Tourmalines commonly comes from Tanzania, Madagascar, Brazil, Australia, Sri Lanka, the U.S., and Russia,Tourmalines in folklore are said to enhance creativity among artists and increase self-confidence. They are rumored also to help relax the mind and body.
- Hand knotted on Silk Bead Cord
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC