Skip to content
Christmas Pickle Glass Ornament
- Christmas Pickle Glass Ornament
- Measures approx. 4" x 1 1/4"
- The tradition of the Christmas Pickle is an old Christmas custom that possibly began in the latter part of the 19th century.
- Sometime in the 1880's, Woolworth stores started selling glass ornaments imported from Germany, and some were in the shape of various fruit and vegetables. Cucumbers, or what were perceived as pickles were among the offerings.
- The Christmas Pickle was also traced back to a very old German tradition, that the Pickle was the last ornament hung on the Christmas Tree and then the first child to find the Pickle got an extra present.
- Our ornaments are hand crafted and detailed in India, Philippines and Mexico
- Our ornaments are so much fun, and if you'd like more than one, please send us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call during business hours (212-620-0642).