Phosphosiderite Smooth Rounds in 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm
- Phosphosiderite Smooth Rounds in 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm
- Approx Measurements: 6mm, 15 1/8" ; 8mm, 15 1/8" ; 10mm, 15" ; 12mm, 15"
- Sold by ONE SINGLE STRAND
- Phosphosiderite is a rare mineral named for its main components, Phosphate and Iron. The Siderite at the end of Phosphosiderite comes from "Sideros", the Greek word for Iron.
- Phosphosiderite was discovered in 1890. It is mined in some parts of Chile, Argentina, Germany, Portugal, and the United States.
- Phosphosiderite is often found in a bright orchid-purple tint with yellow-colored streaks. The vein-like streaks found in the stone are known as Cacoxenite. Four other rare color variants are rose red, brown-reddish yellow, mossy green, and dark shades of purple.