Skip to content
Ochosi Antique Hunter, USA #
- Ochosi Antique Hunter, USA #
- Oshosi is the Yoruba Spirit / Deity / Orisha associated with the Hunt, Forests, Animals, and Wealth. He is Spirit of Meals, because it is He who Provides Food. He is associated with lightness, astuteness, wisdom, and craftiness in the hunt.
- He is the Orisha of contemplation, loving the arts and beautiful things. He hunts with a bow and arrow (called an Ofá), hunting for good influences and positive energies.
- Animals sacrificed to Orisha Ochosi Rituals are goat, cooked pig, and guinea fowl. The salutation of Ososi in the Yoruba Tradition is "Èku, Aro".
Consecrated Day: Thursday
Color: Blue, otherwise Green
Ritual Garment: Blue
Sacred Food: axoxô (maize cooked with coconut), black beans, yams, roasted cowpeas.
Archetype: Power, Skill, Domain
Symbols: Bow and Arrow
- Orisha Ochosi / Oxossí is syncretized with Saint Sebastian in the Rio de Janeiro Region, the Patron Saint of the City. He is associated with Saint George in the Bahia region.
- SanteríaIn Santería, Ochosí is syncretized with Saint Norbert. Ochosi is also syncretized with Saint Hubert: the imagery of St. Hubert has a bow and arrow and a stag next to him which are symbols of Ochosi. Another Catholic Saint syncretized with Ochosi in Santeria is Saint Sebastian who is depicted with his body is covered with arrows, another symbol of Ochosi.