Skip to content
Northern Vietnam Hill Tribe Tobacco Box on Chain
- Northern Vietnam Hill Tribe Tobacco Box on a finely braided "snake chain" circa Mid 20th Century
- "Heavenly Dragon" images are symbolic creatures in the folklore and Mythology of Vietnam. According to an ancient Myth of Origin, the Vietnamese People are descended from the union of a Dragon and a Fairy.
- To Vietnamese people, the Dragon brings rain, essential for agriculture. It represents the Emperor, and the Prosperity and Power of the nation. Like the Chinese Dragon, the Vietnamese dragon is the symbol of "Yang", representing the universe, life, existence, and growth. The Vietnamese Dragon is the combined image of crocodile, snake, cat, rat and bird. Historically, the Vietnamese people lived near rivers, so they venerated crocodiles as "Giao Long", the first kind of Vietnamese dragon.
- Measure Approx. 2" x 2" x 1 1/8"
- Origin is Northern Vietnam