Skip to content
Shiva Brass Statue
- Shiva (Śiva), meaning "The Auspicious One" is one of the Three Central Deities of The Hindu Religion. Shiva is distinct from Vishnu and Brahma, yet One with Them. He is "Anand" ("Who is neither found born nor found dead"). He is the Supreme God within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in contemporary Hinduism, and beloved in the Hindu Trinity as "The Destroyer" or "The Transformer".
- At the highest level, Shiva is regarded as Limitless, Transcendent, Unchanging and Formless.
- Shiva also has many benevolent and fearsome forms.In benevolent aspects, He is depicted as an omniscient Yogi who lives an ascetic life on Mount Kailash, as well as a householder with wife Parvati and his two children, Ganesha and Kartikeya. In His fierce aspects, he is often depicted slaying demons. Shiva is also regarded as the patron god of Yoga and the Arts.
- The main iconographical attributes of Shiva are the Third Eye on his forehead, the Snake Vasuki around his neck, the adorning Crescent Moon, the Holy River Ganga flowing from His matted hair, the Trishula (Trident) as his weapon and the Damaru as his musical instrument. Shiva is usually worshiped in the Aniconic/ Symbolic form of the Lingam.
- Measure: 1/1/4" tall
- Materials: Precision cast brass
- Origin in Thailand