Skip to content
Jade Three Legged Nephrite Wealth-Beckoning Frog Pendant
- Jade Three Legged Nephrite Wealth-Beckoning Frog Pendant
- In traditional Chinese folklore the Jin Chan is literally the "Golden Frog" or "Wealth-Beckoning Frog", or most commonly translated as "Money Toad"or "Money Frog". It represents a popular Feng Shui charm for Prosperity.
- This mythical creature is said to appear during the full-time moon, near houses or businesses that will soon received Good News; most of the time, the nature of this good news is understood to be Wealth-Related.
According to Feng Shui beliefs, Jin Chan helps Attract and Protect Wealth, and Guards Against Bad Luck. Because it symbolizes the Flow of Money, Feng Shui lore insists that a Jin Chan statue should not be positioned facing the main door "outward".
- This Golden Frog pendant reveals gorgeous tones of golden Jade with olive tones and mottled with sea foam shades.
- Jade has always had a very special significance in Asia, comparable with that of Gold and Diamonds in the West. Today, this gemstone is regarded as a symbol of the good, the beautiful, and the precious. In folklore, Jade embodies the Confucian virtues of wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage, yet it also symbolizes the female-erotic. Jade is also believed to be a lucky stone, and encourages good health and prosperity. It is rumored that slipping a piece of Jade under one's pillow can enhance dreams.
- Measures approx. 2 1/8" x 1 1/2" x 5/8"
- Highly skilled Traditional Artisan hand carving from China