Skip to content
Kyanite Extra-Fine Smooth 6, 8 & 10 Rounds
- Kyanite Extra-Fine Smooth 6, 8 & 10 Rounds
- Approx. Measurements: 6mm, 15 7/8" ; 8mm, 15 1/2" ; 10mm, 15 7/8"
- Price is per ONE STRAND ONLY.
- Kyanite's name comes from the same origin as that of the color Cyan, being derived from the Ancient Greek word κύανος. This is generally rendered into English as Kyanos or Kuanos and means "dark blue".
- Very fine Kyanite can have a near Sapphire-blue color, but also can be found in a range of white, gray, green or yellow. Recently discovered is orange Kyanite from Tanzania.
- Color is often not consistent throughout many examples, often showing white streaks in a medium blue. Luster is vitreous (glassy) to almost pearly.
- Kyanite has been used as a semiprecious gemstone, which may display cat's eye chatoyancy (showing a band of bright reflected light caused by aligned inclusions in the stone)
- Kyanite is found across the world, with large pockets in Minas Gerais, Brazil, Kenya, Pizzo Forno, Switzerland, Australia, and New England. It is also found in pegmatites of the Appalachian Mountains. Recently discovered is orange Kyanite from Tanzania.
- Kyanite in Stone Lore is rumored to aid in communication and expressing oneself in speech and creativity, and to better embrace love and relationships.