Skip to content
Jain God Saint Wooden Plaque Painting RARE # 4
- Jain God Saint Wooden Plaque Painting # 4
- Jainism is one of the ancient religions of India. At its heart is the principle of nonviolence 'Ahisma'.
- Jains ritually worship numerous Deities, especially the Jinas. In Jainism, a Jina as Deva is not an Avatar (incarnation), but the highest state of omniscience that an ascetic Tirthankara achieved. Out of the 24 Tirthankaras, Jains predominantly worship four: Mahāvīra, Parshvanatha, Neminatha and Rishabhanatha.
- Jainism does not believe that the universe was created by one God Brahma, rather Jainism believes the Universe itself is eternal and powerful. ... Jainism does not believe in violence, it strongly believes only in non-violence.
- Measures approx. 12.5"T x 6"W x 0.25"D
- Origin is India