Skip to content
Hessonite Sri Lanka Garnet 3mm Faceted Beads
- Hessonite Garnet 3mm Faceted Beads
- Approx. 15.5" long
- Sold by the strand. Price is per ONE STRAND ONLY
- Hessonite Garnet is primarily a Grossular Garnet having orangish brown to deep burnt cinnamon orange color, and sometimes even a golden yellow tone. In some cultures where Hessonite is found, it is nicknamed "Cinnamon Stone". Hessonite primarily has Calcium in its chemical structure.
- It is called as Gomed or Gomedh in Hindi and Gomedika in Sanskrit and used to harness the powers of Rahu in Vedic astrology. Sometimes because of the colour shade varieties of Pyrope are also included in Hessonite in rare cases.
- The gemstone Garnet is the Official Birthstone for January and is also the stone for the Zodiac Sign Aquarius. The name Garnet comes from the Latin word "granatus", which means grain, because many Garnet deposits are small grains of red crystals in their host rock. Garnet refers to a group of minerals that can appear in any color.
- Some of the main Garnet types are: Rhodolite – purple; Hessonite – brown/orange; Spessartite – red; Mandarine – orange; Demantoid – light green; and Tsavorite – dark green.
- The highest-quality Garnets are found in Brazil, China, Kenya, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and the United States. According to Traditional Stone Lore, red/purple Garnets are associated with love, friendship, and controlling one’s anger; green Garnets with peace and serenity; and orange Garnets with creativity.