Skip to content
Golden Blue Cat's Eye 8mm Smooth Rounds
- Golden Blue Cat's Eye 8mm Smooth Rounds
- Bead size 8mm
- Approx. 15 1/2" long
- Sold by the strand. Price is for ONE STRAND ONLY
- Cat's Eye describes a gemstone that displays a narrow band of concentrated light going across the width of the stone. This effect, known as "chatoyancy", or "cat's eye effect", is caused by inclusions of fine, slender parallel mineral fibers in the gemstone that reflect light in a single band.
- A cat’s eye stone is made up of a mineral called chrysoberyl, formed from beryllium-containing aluminum oxide. It has a hardness of 8.5. It’s name refers to its common green and brown colors, but can come in many other colors, including red and blue and black.
- A tiger’s eye stone is a form of quartz, silicon dioxide, found near iron deposits. The iron gives it the characteristic golden brown color. It has a hardness if 7.
- Both stones contain parallel fiber-like mineral tubes that refract light to form the eye-like strip of light within the stone called "chatoyancy".