Skip to content
Goddess Durga on a Tiger Temple Guardian Figure from Burma 2
- Goddess Durga on a Tiger Temple Guardian Figure from Burma 2
- Measure approx. 16" tall x 14" wide x 5" deep
- Materials: Fine Polychrome over an elaborate and finely carved wooden figure
- Origin is Burma
- Goddess Durga is the Warrior Goddess, whose Mythology centers around combating evils and demonic forces that threaten peace, prosperity and dharma of the good. She is the fierce form of the protective mother goddess, willing to unleash her anger against wrong, violence for liberation and destruction to empower creation.
- Durga is depicted in the Hindu pantheon as a goddess riding a lion or tiger, sometimes with many arms each carrying a weapon.
- In Burma, Goddess Durga is worshipped as The Goddess of War, Victory of Good over Evil, The Invincible One, and The Fierce form of Mother Goddess.