Skip to content
Goddess Durga Ambe Sherawali Mata on Lion Antique Old Copper Hindu Plaque #5
- Goddess Durga Ambe Sherawali Mata on Lion Antique Old Copper Hindu Plaque #5
- Materials: Hand Relief Embossed Copper Sheet mounted on an old wooden plaque.
- Age: Early to mid 20th Century
- She is a Warrior Goddess, who combats Evil and Demonic Forces that threaten peace, prosperity and Dharma of the Good.
- She is a fierce and protective Mother Goddess, who rides a Lion or Tiger, with many arms, each carrying a weapon.
- The word Durga means "Impassable-Invincible".
- Through all Her forms, Goddess Durga encompasses the essence of Salvation and Sacrifice. She is the Mother of Bounty and Wealth, as also of Beauty and Knowledge. She is also known as Divine Mother, Who protects Mankind from Evil and Misery by destroying evil forces such as selfishness, jealousy, prejudice, hatred, anger and ego.
- Measures approx. 9"T x 8"W x 1.75"D
- Origin is India