Skip to content
Fluorite + Amethyst Bracelet with Sterling Silver Lobster Claw Clasp
- Fluorite + Amethyst Bracelet with Sterling Silver Lobster Claw Clasp
- Fits wrist size approx. 6.25"
- Bead size approx. 3mm to 4mm
- Fluorite is a mineral with a range of brilliant colors from purple, blue, green, yellow, colorless, brown, and pink. Most specimens of Fluorite have a single color, but a significant percentage of Fluorites have multiple colors and the colors are arranged in bands or zones. Fluorite is a relatively soft stone which is easy to carve. The origin of the word Fluorite comes from the Latin verb to flow. Ancient Romans believed that drinking alcoholic beverages from vessels carved of Fluorite prevented drunkenness. Fluorite is also used as a source of fluorine for fluorinated water. It is rumored that Fluorite stones have a calming effect on the body.
- Manganese content in clear quartz gives Amethyst its wide range of colors from pink to lavender to intense violet. Historically the Greek word "amethystos" may be translated as "not drunken". a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from intoxication: ancient Greeks and Romans wore Amethyst and even made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent drunkenness. Over centuries, amethyst has thus been popularly associated in helping overcome addiction, and improving self-control. Amethyst is also widely thought in stone lore to help overcome grief and loss. Although it is found all over the world, most fine Amethyst is mined in Brazil.