Ewe Masculine Altar Figure, Ghana #587
- Ewe Masculine Altar Figure, Ghana #587
- Patina of kaolin, articulated arms.
- Measurements: 22×6×8 cm; 8.5" x 2.5" x 3" approx
- Custom Base included
- Condition: Excellent
- Although such objects are frequently called 'fetish' figures, referring to the fact that they were believed to have magical powers or that excessive devotion was paid to them, this is an entirely European term and evolved from a condescending misinterpretation of African Cultures and Civilisation.
- Vodun Practice and Beliefs