Coral and Chrysoprase Bracelet on Elastic Cord
This product is sold out
- Coral, Faceted Chrysoprase and Sterling Silver Beaded Bracelet on Stretch
- Approx. 7" Long
- Bead size range from 4-10mm
- Strung on High Quality Elastic Cord
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- Chrysoprase is the green variety of Chalcedony that is found mainly in Australia. Trace amounts of nickel give Chrysoprase its apple green color. Chrysoprase is one of the Star Signs for Gemini. It is found in Australia, Brazil, the Ural Mountains, and the U.S. and is the rarest of the Chalcedony group.Chrysoprase was used by the Greeks, Romans, and the Egyptians in jewelry and other ornamental objects and it was often mistaken for Imperial Jadeite. Chrysoprase is considered one of the most valuable Chalcedony gem stones; Chrysoprase is prized for its color and rarity. It is said in folklore to banish greed, selfishness, and carelessness, and helps stir the imagination.
- Coral is created by millions of small organisms at the bottom of the ocean called polyps. Each polyp builds up a limestone case around itself, which remains after it dies. The casing becomes the basis for another polyp to build its home. Slowly, after thousands of years, these casings build up into what we know as a coral reef. Historically, material from these reefs were highly prized, and used to make jewelry and other ornamental objects. However, because removing coral from these reefs is bad for ocean environments, there are strict regulations against removing coral from the ocean. Most coral used today is grown in coral farms, rather than being taking from the ocean. Most precious coral is harvested in the Mediterranean Sea, especially in Sardinia. Deposits are also found in the Pacific, in Japan, Taiwan and Australia. In contemporary stone lore, Coral is rumored to stimulate emotional healing and relieves stress.