Skip to content
Carved Bone Pendant, Owl 2
- Owl 2 Hand Carved Cow Bone Pendant
- Throughout many cultures, the Owl symbolizes Intelligence, Perspective, Intuition, Quick-Wit, Independence and Wisdom. Certain Native American tribes viewed the Owl as a Protector Against Harm and their feathers were ritually worn to Ward Off Evil Spirits. Ancient Athenians made the Owl an Emblem of Wisdom and even emblazed the image of the Owl on their coinage. To the ancient Greeks, the Owl is a symbol of Athene who is Goddess of Foresight & Knowledge.
- In ancient Egyptian, Celtic, and Hindu cultures the symbolic meaning of Owl revolved around Guardianship of the Underworlds, and a Protection of the Dead. The Owl was honored as the Keeper of Spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the Owl Accompanying a Spirit to the Underworld - bringing it's Newly Freed Soul from the physical world into the Realm of Spirit.
- Measure Approx. Small 1" x 1/2" x 3/8", Medium 1 1/4" x 3/4" x 1/4", Large 2 5/8" x 1 1/4" x 1/4"
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China
Three sizes available. Price is for ONE PIECE ONLY.