Skip to content
Carved Bone Pendant, Butterfly 2
- In Traditional Thai and Chinese Folklore, Butterflies are believed to be vessels for departing souls, and that they carry souls away to higher and happier planes.
- They are seen by many as an expression of transcendance of both earthly pleasure and distress, bringing comfort to the loved ones of those formerly suffering.
- Many people find comfort when mourning death to equate their lost loved one, sometimes even death itself, with a Butterfly, which is almost universally considered beautiful, graceful and a symbol of Freedom.
- The Butterfly is believed to act as a vessel for the spirit in-between a death in one life and the reincarnation into the next on the karmic wheel.
- Measure Approx. 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China