Skip to content
Blue Lace Agate Namibia 4mm Faceted Rounds
- Blue Lace Agate Namibia 4mm Faceted Rounds
- Approx. 15.5" long
Sold by the strand. Price is per ONE STRAND ONLY.
- Blue Lace Agate is the banded form of Blue Chalcedony. It was discovered in Namibia by George Swanson. He originally called it the “Gem of Ecology,” due to its resemblance to the clouds.
- Blue Lace Agate is not a Traditional Birthstone, but it is the natural Birthstone for those born between the Vernal Equinox and the rest of Spring (February 19th- March 19th).
- Blue Lace Agate is a gentle, calming stone. It also according to Stone Lore rumored ease communication, enhance conversation, and helps one during public speaking.
- Chalcedony is used as a variety name to refer specifically to the bluish-gray or lavender color of Cryptocrystalline Quartz. This color is sometimes called "Actual Chalcedony" but the name can be slightly confusing, as most of the other Chalcedonies are referred to by other names, such as Agate, Bloodstone or Carnelian.
- The term Chalcedony is derived from the name of the ancient Greek town Chalkedon in Asia Minor. Chalcedony is thought in to promote emotional balance and open the heart to kindness and charity.