Skip to content
Blue Chalcedony on Sterling Silver Chain with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Blue Chalcedony on Gold Filled Chain with Gold Filled Trigger Clasp
- Approx. 18" long
- Bead Size Approx. 15mm x 10mm
- Chalcedony is used as a variety name to refer specifically to the bluish-gray or lavender color of cryptocrystalline quartz. This color is sometimes called "Actual Chalcedony" but the name can be slightly confusing, as most of the other Chalcedonies are referred to by other names, such as Agate, Bloodstone or Carnelian.
- The term Chalcedony is derived from the name of the ancient Greek town Chalkedon in Asia Minor. In contemporary stone lore, is thought in lore to promote emotional balance and open the heart to kindness and charity.
- Hand-crafted at Beads of Paradise NYC