Skip to content
Early 20th Century Northern Thailand / Laos Border Buddha Devotional Tableau
- Early 20th Century Northern Thailand / Laos Border Buddha Devotional Tableau
- Measures approx. 30" x 17.5" x 14"
- Materials are Hand Carved Wood with layers of old polychrome paint.
- As seen in the photos very clearly, the Tableau is composed of INDIVIDUALLY CARVED FIGURES that have been lovingly attached to create this Magical Devotional Tableau
- ONLY the small TWO outermost facing Praying Figures, one in a Green Sarong ands one Lacquered Black, are separate figures NOT ATTACHED.
- They were found with the Tableau when I purchased the Tableau in Chiangmai, Thailand in the year 2000.
- The Green Sarong Figure might have been originally part of the Tableau originally, but not permanently attached. The style of the Carver is almost identical.
- The Black Lacquer Figure appears similar in age, but may not be part of the Original Set, and might have been a lovingly replaced Figure from a similar time.