Skip to content
Ruby-Zoisite Stretch Bracelet Faceted 13-14mm
- Bead Size: 13-14mm faceted round shape
- Size Approx. 6 3/4"
- 13-14mm Ruby Zoisite Faceted Stretch Bracelet
- Strung on Elastic bead Cord
- Ruby is the traditional birthstone for July. Ruby is a pink to blood-red colored gemstone, a variety of the mineral Corundum. The red color is caused mainly by the presence of the element chromium. Its name comes from ruber, which is Latin for red. Other varieties of gem-quality corundum are called Sapphires. The ruby is considered one of the four Precious Stones; the Sapphire, the Emerald, the Ruby and the Diamond. Rubies are essentially just the name for a red Sapphire.The price of a ruby is mostly attributed to its color. The brightest red, called, “pigeon blood,” are the most valuable. Pink, orange, and purple are the normal secondary hues in ruby. A rich purple undertone reinforces the red making it appear richer. Like diamonds, clarity, cut, and carat are also contributing factors. Some rubies have either a 3-point, or 6-point asterism called a “star.” They were originally mined only in Thailand, and Sri Lanka, although in the past century, deposits have been found in Tanzania, Madagascar, Vietnam, and Pakistan.Very recently, large amounts of rubies were found in Greenland. An early record of the transport and trading of rubies is seen in the literature on the North Silk Road of China, where rubies were carried along this ancient trade route moving westward from China as early as 200 BC. In contemporary stone folklore, Rubies are believed to evoke passion, laughter, and courage and love.
- Ruby-Zoisite, also known as Anylolite, is a combination of Ruby crystals formed with green/black Zoisite (Tschemakite). Most specimens will display three colors -- green, black and red. Zoisite, the same mineral as Tanzanite, provides an earthy green and black color while Ruby lends pink and red highlights. Ruby-Zoisite was first discovered in 1954 in Tanzania. The name anyolite derives from the word for "green" in the native language of the Massai. Contemporary stone folklore rumors Ruby-Zoisite increases one’s sense of individuality, increases self confidence and helps us realize one's true potential.