Skip to content
Garnet 4mm India Hand Faceted Rondelles
- Garnet 4mm India Hand Faceted Rondelles
- Approx. 13" long
Price is for ONE SINGLE STRAND only.
The gemstone Garnet is the Official Birthstone for January and is also the stone for the Zodiac Sign Aquarius.
- The name Garnet comes from the Latin word "granatus", which means grain, because many garnet deposits are small grains of red crystals in their host rock. Garnet refers to a group of minerals that can appear in many colors.
Some of the main Garnet types are: Rhodolite – purple; Pyrope - deep red to black; Hessonite – cinnamon brown/orange; Almandine - red; Spessartite – orange gold; Mandarine – orange; Demantoid – light green; and Tsavorite – dark green.
- The highest-quality Garnets are found in Brazil, China, Kenya, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and the United States.
- According to traditional Stone Lore, red/purple Garnets are associated with love, friendship, and controlling one’s anger; green Garnets with peace and serenity; and orange Garnets with creativity.
- Garnet is New York State's Official Gemstone. Connecticut has Almandine Garnet as its State Gemstone, Idaho has Star Garnet as its state gemstone, and Vermont has Grossular Garnet as its State Gemstone.
- The largest Garnet Mine in the World, the Barton Mine, is located in the Adirondack Mountains on New York. New York ranks 1st in Garnet production in the US and 4th in the World.