Skip to content
Vintage Wooden Kokeshi Doll, Japan #460
- Vintage Wooden Kokeshi Doll, #460
- Vintage Kokeshi dolls are estimated to have been created in the late 1970s or early 1980s.
- Some of these Kokeshi are styled in such a way that their original form as logs are still visible.
- The Kokeshi craft is an ancient Japanese tradition that started as early as the year 1850.
- The dolls are carved and hand painted with pigments. Because of this, no two dolls are alike.
- Kokeshi dolls have become a true icon of Japan since they reflect Japanese aesthetic sensibilities with their minimalist yet elegant design.
- They are in good shape but do show their age. They have detailed markings and inscriptions.
- The Head can be rotated
- Measurements: Approx 5 13/16" tall; 1 15/16" base diameter ; 2 1/8" head diameter