Skip to content
Sagrada Corazon de Jesus, Maria and Miguel/ The Sacred Hearts of Jesus, Mother Mary, and Saint Michael
- Sagrada Corazon de Jesus, Maria and Miguel/ The Sacred Hearts of Jesus, Mother Mary, and Saint Michael
- Late 19th Century Original Retablo Oil Painting on Tin created in Mexico.
- Retablo dimensions are approx. 14 inches horizontal x 20 inches vertical.
- Condition: in good, clean, original condition with some minor paint loss acquired over more than a century of use and devotional prayer.
- The devotion to the Sacred Heart (also known as the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Sacratissimum Cor Iesu in Latin) is one of the most widely practiced and well-known Roman Catholic devotions, taking Jesus Christ's physical heart as the Representation of His Divine Love for Humanity.
- This devotion is predominantly used in the Roman Catholic Church. The devotion is especially concerned with what the Church deems to be the longsuffering love and compassion of the Heart of Christ towards Humanity. Predecessors to the modern devotion arose unmistakably in the Middle Ages in various facets of Catholic mysticism, particularly with The Sacred Heart is often depicted in Christian Art as a flaming heart, shining with divine light, pierced by the lance-wound, encircled by the crown of thorns, surmounted by a cross, and bleeding. Sometimes the image is shown shining within the Bosom of Christ with His wounded hands pointing at the heart. The wounds and crown of thorns allude to the manner of Jesus' death, while the fire represents the transformative power of divine love.