Skip to content
Rhodochrosite Rounds Stretch Bracelet 13mm
- Rhodochrosite Rounds Stretch Bracelet 13mm
- Bead Size 13mm round shape
- Fits 7.5" wrist size
- Origin is Argentina
Argentina has been a key source for Rhodochrosite since the 13th century, when Incas worked the Silver Mines and created beautiful jewelry pieces with the stone.
- Rhodocrosite is the National Gemstone of Argentina.
Rhodochrosite is an interesting rose pink-colored banded gemstone that most commonly forms in hydrothermal veins associated with Silver, Copper, and Lead Sulfides.
It was also named the State Mineral in mineral-rich Colorado in 2002, since some rare large red crystals were found at the famous Sweet Home Mine near Alma, Colorado.
- By chemical composition, Rhodochrosite is a Manganese Carbonate, and derives it's beautiful pink color from Manganese. It is related to the mineral Calcite, but where Calcite has Calcium, Rhodochrosite has Manganese, which gives it's rich pink color. Because it is difficult to cut, it is not often seen faceted.
- There are myths that the Incas believed Rhodochrosite to be the Blood of Former Rulers turned into Stone, so it is sometimes called “Rosa del Inca.” In stone folklore, it is known as a love and relationship stone. Rhodochrosite is further rumored to lessen migraines and invigorate the sexual organs.