Skip to content
Prayer Scroll "Takrut" Protective Brass Cylinder Amulet
- "Takrut" is a type of rolled sheet metal amulet usually shaped like a stick or cylinder. The metal sheets are inscribed with magic words and symbols which are believed to strengthen and protect the powers of the wearer from physical wounds or bodily damage, as well as ward off any evil or black magic. Being made from metal, the Takrut is also believed to attract luck and good fortune. A particularly masculine amulet, the Takrut is mentioned in Thai folklore to deflect and protect the wearer against attack by weapons. Takrut means literally "magic stick".
- Takrut are historically worn by warriors, athletes, and people exposed to danger or having dangerous professions. According to Thai folklore, they have the power to render the wearer Invincible.
- Thai metal amulets are believed to imbue the wearer with powers to attract wealth, good fortune and ease in handling money.
- Measure approx
- Material: rolled sheet brass (to represent gold) wound into the shape of a cylinder prayer box and lovingly etched with "magical" inscriptions.
- Origin is Thailand
- Approx. 3.5" long and .5" thick or 14mm