Skip to content
Asante Egg in the Hand Power Symbol from Ghana Set of Two Hands
- Asante Egg in the Hand Power Symbol from Ghana Set of Two Hands
- Material: Finely carved wood. One Hand has Gold and Silver Leaf applied as typical of Asante Royal Court Regalia
- The Symbol of an Egg in a Hand depicts an Asante Proverb that cautions "The Powerful Rulers to be Firm but Prudent in their Rule: “To be a Ruler is like holding an Egg in the Hand; if it is pressed too hard it breaks, but if not held tightly enough it may slip and smash on the ground.”
- A popular motif of the Asante court, it was often used to decorate the tops of Linguist Staffs or Power Display Tables, which were Emblems of Authority used by the Ruler’s Spokesmen during Public Ceremonies.
- Origin is Ghana.
- SOLD ONLY AS A SET OF TWO HANDS