Skip to content
Essaouira Hamsa w/ Hadj Heirloom Devotional Bead
- Essaouira Hamsa w/ Hadj Heirloom Devotional Bead
- Size Approx. 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- This particular style of Hamsa is from the town Essaouira. The Hamsa body is hand hammered and etched 800 Silver (80% silver content) which was then hand finished and engraved with a vine and cross-hatch design, and center inset with an antique glass Hadj Bead, which is an early 20th C. Czech-made bead traded into Africa.
- Beloved throughout the Islamic World in the Middle East and West Africa, Hadj Beads have crossed many borders. Originally a Czech trade bead made in the mid 20th Century specifically for Islamic Trade Markets, these vibrant red beads became a Treasured Heirloom and symbol of Devotion.
- Origin is Morocco, mid-20th Century.