Skip to content
Essaouira Hamsa with Rose with Eight Petals 5
- Essaouira Hamsa with Rose with Eight Petals 5
- Size Approx. 2 5/8" x 2 3/8"
- This particular style of Hamsa is from the town Essaouira. The Hamsa body appears to be cast 800 Silver (80% silver content) which was then hand finished and stamped with a wonderfully abstract Rose with Eight Petals pattern. the Rose rests within a "Floral/Garden pattern". The love of Floral Motif and wild vines and blossoms in Hamsa Art are believed to be a reference to the Garden of Paradise.
- The Rose with Eight Petals is an Arabic symbol of Love and the coin a symbol for Wealth and Plenty.
- Origin is Morocco circa 1950