Lobi Iron Serpent Bangle/ Shrine Object Large
$ 1,250.00 $ 625.00
- Lobi Iron Serpent Bangle/ Shrine Object Large
- Material: Hand Forged Iron
- Collected in the 1980's in Cote d'Ivoire
- Lobi People are a large Tribal Group known living mainly in South Eastern Burkina Faso, Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire. They are unusual in that unlike most other Tribe Groups in West Africa they do not make wooden face masks for their Dance Ceremonies. Lobi People make outstanding Non Secular Art Works in wood and bronze, particularly wooden statuary, bronze animals and human figures.
- Hunter’s and Villagers often wore Protective Charms as the men went out to hunt: they were worn on a cord around the neck or occasionally bound to the upper arm (as this piece), or left in Shrines.