Skip to content
Carved Horn Pendant, Thunderbird
- Thunderbird Hand Carved Cow Horn Pendant
- The Thunderbird is a Legendary Creature in certain North American Indigenous People's history and culture. It is considered a Supernatural Bird of Great Power and Strength.
- By the Thunderbird's work, the Earth was watered and vegetation grew. Lightning was believed to flash from its beak, and the beating of its wings was thought to represent the rolling of thunder.
- The Native American Thunderbird Symbol represents Power, Protection, and Strength. He is often seen as the most powerful of all Spirits and can also transform into human form by opening his head up like a mask and taking his feathers off as if they were a mere blanket.
- Native Americans believed that the giant Thunderbird could shoot lightning from its eyes.
- The Thunderbird's name comes from the belief that the beating of its enormous wings causes Thunder in the Heavens and Stirs the Wind. The Thunderbird is always recounted as highly Intelligent, Powerful, and Wrathful. All myths agree one should go out of one's way to avoid getting Thunderbirds angry.
- Measure Approx. Small 1 1/8" x 1 1/8", Medium 1 3/8" x 1 3/4", Large 1 1/2" x 2 1/8"
- Material: hand carved cow horn
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China