Nefertiti Portrait Style Hand Carved Cow Bone Pendant
This product is sold out
- Nefertiti Portrait Style Hand Carved Cow Bone Pendant
- Historically, Nefertiti (ca. 1370 – ca. 1330 BC) was the Great Royal Wife of Akhenaten, Egyptian Pharaoh. Nefertiti and her husband were known for a Religious Revolution in Ancient Egypt, in which they worshiped One God only, Aten, or the Sun Disc. Akhenaten and Nefertiti were responsible for the creation of a new religion which changed the traditional religious views and conventions within Ancient Egypt. With her husband, she reigned at what was arguably the wealthiest period of Ancient Egyptian history. Some scholars believe that Nefertiti ruled briefly as Neferneferuaten after her husband's death and before the accession of Tutankhamun, King Tut.
- She was made famous by her bust or head portrait. The bust is one of the most copied works of art in Ancient Egypt. It was attributed to the sculptor Thutmose, and it was found in his workshop.
- Measure Approx. 1 7/8" high x 1 1/8" wide
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China