Skip to content
Bowenite Jade "Axe God" Figure/ Pendant
- Bowenite Jade "Axe God" Figure/ Pendant
- Approx. 3" long x 1 1/2" wide x 1" thick
- With adjustable cotton cord
- Hand Carved in Thailand exclusively for Beads of Paradise NYC
- This abstract anthropomorphic figure has a strength and grace that is quite powerful. The original artwork is a smaller Pre-Columbian jade stone figure from the State of Guerrero, Mexico. The first time I held the original piece, the form radiated a quiet calm that felt quite powerful. This wonderful Bowenite Jade replica was carved by hand and drilled to be worn as a pendant. I feel the weight and strong character of this carving empowers a sense of tranquility and calm strength.
- Bowenite is a hard, compact variety of the serpentinite species antigorite. Classed as semi-precious gemstone, it has been used for tools, weapons and jewelry by the Māori in New Zealand, and for jewelry by Fabergé. important deposits are found in several places around the world including Afghanistan, China, New Zealand, South Africa and the United States. It typically ranges in color from dark green to light olive green, and in shades approaching yellow. Bowenite was named by James D. Dana in 1850 after George T. Bowen, who analyzed it in 1822.