Skip to content
Citrine Crystal Point Specimen #91
- Citrine Crystal Point Specimen #91
- The gemstone Citrine is the official birthstone for the month of November. Citrine is a type of quartz that ranges from light yellow to golden-brown. It comes from the Latin word, “citrine,” meaning “yellow.” Most Citrine is mined in Brazil. In contemporary stone lore, Citrine is known as the “Success Stone” or the "Merchant's Stone" because it is rumored to bring success, prosperity and abundance. Also Citrine is rumored to dispel negative energy.
- Measures approx. 2 3/8" x 1 3/4" x 2 3/8"
- Citrine is a variety of quartz whose color ranges from a pale yellow to brown due to ferric impurities.
- Brazil is the leading producer of Citrine, with much of its production coming from the state of Rio Grande do Sul. The name is derived from the Latin word citrina which means "yellow" and is also the origin of the word "citron". Sometimes Citrine and Amethyst can be found together in the same crystal, which is then referred to as Ametrine.