Skip to content
Iolite and Citrine Faceted Bracelet with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Iolite and Citrine Bracelet with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Size Approx. 8"
- Bead Size : 5 to 6mm rondelles
- The gemstone Citrine is the official birthstone for the month of November. Citrine is a type of quartz that ranges from light yellow to golden-brown. It comes from the Latin word, “citrine,” meaning “yellow.” Most citrine is mined in Brazil. In contemporary stone lore, Citrine is known as the “Success Stone” or the "Merchant's Stone" because it is rumored to bring success, prosperity and abundance. Also citrine is rumored to dispel negative energy.
- The name Iolite comes from the Greek ios, which means violet. The Vikings possibly mined Iolite crystals from deposits in Norway and Greenland. Viking sailors allegedly used Iolite as a polarizing filter to find the sun on cloudy days for a safe offshore navigation. The Viking sailors allegedly used thin pieces of Iolite as a lens, and the folklore surrounding this idea says they could determine the exact position of the sun on cloudy days, and navigate safely to their new worlds and back.
- Iolite is a stone that forms most often with Granite, and is found mainly in Sri Lanka, India, and Burma. It is associated in folklore and stone lore with vision, both in terms of eyesight and intuition, as well as expression and clarity of emotions.
- Strung on Soft Flex Wire
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC