Skip to content
Igbo Maiden Mask with Bird Finial, Nigeria #699
- Igbo Maiden Mask with Bird Finial, Nigeria #699
- A large carved wooden 3/4 helmet mask with classic facial features and large stylized bird effigy as top finial. The mask has raised scar designs and has been painted with kaolin clay pigments.
- Igbo peoples, Nigeria, Africa.
- Measurements: 16 x 11 inches
- Condition: Good, well handled and worn
- Provenance: Estate of Distinguished Professor Philip Gould, NYC. Professor of Art History at Columbia University and Sarah Lawrence College, Professor Philip Gould was a passionate collector of African Art, and curated numerous museum and gallery exhibitions.