Skip to content
Pyrite (AB Finish) Earrings with Gold Filled French Earwires
- Pyrite (AB Finish) Earrings with Gold Filled French Earwires
- Approx. 1 1/8" drop from ear
- Bead Size Approx. 13mm x 8mm
- Pyrite is a metallic mineral that derives from iron. Because of its color, it has also been given the nickname, “fool’s gold.” Most Pyrite comes from the United States, although it is also found across Europe. Pyrite is usually found associated with other sulfides and oxides and is found in quartz veins, coal beds and even sometimes in fossils. Despite being nicknamed fool's gold, Pyrite is sometimes found in association with small quantities of gold. Gold and arsenic occur as a coupled substitution in the pyrite structure. Marcasite jewelry, made from small faceted pieces of Pyrite, often set in silver, was popular in the Victorian era and is still manufactured today. Its name comes from the Greek word, “pyr,” meaning “fire.”since it produces sparks when struck by steel or flint. In some French folklore, it is called “Pierre de Sante,” meaning “stone of health,” as it is believed to heal the entire body. Pyrite is also rumored in stone lore to enhance communication and increase physical stamina.
- Hand-crafted at Beads of Paradise NYC