Skip to content
Ptolemaic Islamic Glass 2nd to 4th century AD Authentic Eye Beads
- Ptolemaic Islamic Glass 2nd to 4th century AD Authentic Eye Beads
- Approx Measurements: A: 28"; B: 26"
- Authentic Ptolemaic 2nd to 4th century AD hand wound and inlaid "Eyes" Beads
- Carried along important Islamic Trade Routes from Persia to Egypt into Sudan and The West African Kingdom of Mali.
- These extremely fine examples come from Mali in West Africa, where they are highly valued Heirloom Beads and Prestige Currency. A necklace of this length and quality would have been collected bead by bead over a long period of years, sometimes decades.
- Strand Length :
- Bead Size :
- This collection of extremely rare and valuable beads remains in the same configuration as it was purchased in Mali, West Africa years ago. The beads have been lovingly re-strung on a fresh cotton cord by our New York City staff.
- There are TWO Necklaces EACH SOLD SEPARATELY. PRICES ARE FOR ONE NECKLACE
- Individual single beads are also available.