Skip to content
Vintage Wooden Kokeshi Doll, Japan #346
- Vintage Wooden Kokeshi Doll, Japan #346
- Vintage Kokeshi dolls which are estimated to have been created in the 1960s or 1970s in Tohoku, Japan by multiple artists.
- Wood is carefully selected to have the right qualities, the round base-shape is made with a lathe before hand-tools are used to create the finished doll-shape. Lastly the doll is painted with pigments and waxed. Because of this no two dolls are alike.
- Kokeshi dolls have become an icon of Japan since they reflect Japanese aesthetic sensibilities with their simple, minimalist yet elegant design.
- Signed by artist
- Measurements: approx 9 13/16" tall; 1 5/8" base diameter ; 2 3/16" head diameter