Tuareg 92.5 Sterling Silver Pendant
This product is sold out
- Tuareg 92.5 Sterling Silver Pendant
- Measurements of Centerpiece : 5" x 2 1/2"
- Origin is Niger, West Africa
- Provenance: from the Collection of Lois Sherr Dubin.
- Lois Sherr Dubin wrote The History of Beads: From 30,000 B.C. to the Present (Abrams, 1987; reissued in paperback in 2004 and updated in 2009 as The History of Beads: From 100,000 to the Present), a beloved classic study and reference on the subject that has been published in five languages. Scholar, Researcher and Collector, Lois Sherr Dubin is also the world renowned author of several authoritative books on Native American jewelry and beadwork, and co-curator of numerous museum exhibitions including Totems to Turquoise: Native North American Jewelry Arts of the Northwest and Southwest; Glittering World: Navajo Jewelry of the Yazzie Family and Floral Journey: Native North American Beadwork.
- On a personal note, Ms. Dubin's magnificent book The History of Beads: From 30,000 B.C. to the Present was one of the most important inspirations in the early days of Beads of Paradise NYC. When we first opened in the East Village 3 decades ago, Ms. Dubin's book was always on our sales counter as the authoritative guide to understanding the vast array and complexities of Cultural Beads and Adornments. To many bead lovers and admirers, this was our "Bible", and Ms. Dubin's Bead Timeline Map was hung prominently in the shop. Customers would line up in front of the Timeline, trace the origins of beads they were buying, beads they would like to order, or just plain beads they were dreaming of having someday.
- To this day, whenever a customer asks for a reference guide, or just a book dealing with beads, Ms. Dubin's book is still the top of our recommendations.