Antique Northern Thailand/ Burma Border Tiger Temple Guardian Figure -02
This product is sold out
- Antique Northern Thailand/ Burma Border Tiger Temple Guardian Figure Ca.1900-1940
- Temple Guardian Tiger Figures are believed to represent the noble mythological Tiger popular in SE Asian folklore and religious belief. The ancestor on his father’s side is the Blue Dragon in Heaven, and the ancestor on his mother’s side is the White-Faced Cat. Popular Thai and Burmese symbolic belief tells that the Tiger can either grant people longevity or put it's enemy to death. It can shred the barriers between Heaven and Earth or compete with the Sun and the Moon to see who is brighter. It is believed to bestow devout petitioners with wisdom and strength, and can give people beauty and wealth. Ritual Tiger images serve as the ritualist’s magical talisman for conquering ghosts and overcoming evil.
- Measure Approx. 5" long x 1 1/2" wide x 3" tall.
- Wood, polychrome colors including red, orange and and black.
- Condition: Painted surfaces have some paint loss from long term use and care.
- Origin: Northern Thailand/ Burma Border