Skip to content
Tamba Heirloom Waist/ Necklace Beads 1
- Original Tamba Heirloom Waist/ Necklace Beads 1
- Used by the Baule of Central Cote d"Ivoire as Prestige Adornment
- A Tamba is a traditional multi stranded waist/ sometimes neck adornment seen in several Tribal Groups in West Africa. This Tamba is composed of multi-stranded European glass seed beads from the Early to Late 20th Century that in past African History were used as an important and exotic trade commodity.
- Young women of a Marriageable Age might adorn their waists with these stunning multi-strand creations to enhance their natural beauty and to draw a potential suitor's eye and attention.
- Approx. 30" long
- Bead Approx. 2mm to 3mm
- Mid 20th Century
- Origin is Baule People in Cote d'Ivoire