Skip to content
Contemporary Indian Carnelian Heirloom Necklace 6
- Heirloom Necklace designed at Beads of Paradise NYC with Contemporary Indian Carnelian in a delicate matte finish large round melon shape beads, Thai brushed finish brass heishi bead spacers, an 18th century hand wound Chinese turquoise glass melon shape bead, and a Turbinella Pyrum "Sacred Shank" shell bead used as a clasping closure.
- Carnelian has many rich associations throughout history. Often referred to under the broader "agate", variations of the word (such as aqeeq and hakik) appear in Arabic, Urdu, Turkish, and many other languages. In Islamic folklore, carnelian is said to be the first stone to affirm the unity of God, and is treasured for its spiritual and physical benefits. It is believed to bring inner calm and increase energy and passion, while simultaneously protecting one from malign forces, both temporal and spiritual. The Tuareg even believe carnelian to make one more courageous and utilize it heavily in men's jewelry.
- Folklore suggests that Carnelian's healing properties help purify the blood, relieve menstrual cramps and back pain. It is also thought to be beneficial in the treatment of infertility and is worn to enhance passion and desire.
- Bead Approx. 19mm round melon shape
- Strand Approx. 34" (Beaded Section 28.5")
- These beautiful natural stones originated in India and were traded through Nepal, Tibet and the Middle East.