Sapphire Earrings with Sterling Silver French Ear Wires
This product is sold out
- Sapphire Earrings with Sterling Silver French Ear Wires
- Approx. 1 1/4" drop from ear
- Bead Size Approx. 18mm x 10mm
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- Sapphire is the birthstone for those born in September and for the Zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Taurus. Ruby and sapphire are the same material, the mineral Corundum, and the second hardest gemstone after Diamond. Red corundum is known as Ruby, while all other colors are referred to as Sapphire. While blue is the classic sapphire color, Sapphires are actually found in a wide range of colors, including yellow, pink and green. The coloring agents in blue Sapphire are iron and titanium and in violet stones, Vanadium. Small amounts of iron impurity will result in yellowish and greenish stones. Chromium will produce pinks and iron and Vanadium will produce orange tones as well. Rutile needle inclusions will result in a silky shine to the stone. If these needles are aligned in the same direction, then this causes the six-rayed star sapphire affect.Like rubies, sapphires can display a 6-point asterism called a “star.” Sapphires areconsidered one of the four Precious Stones; the Sapphire, the Emerald, the Ruby and the Diamond.
- Sapphires come from Thailand, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Tanzania, and the Kashmir region of India. Today, Sri Lanka and Madagascar produce most of the fine sapphires on the market. Throughout history, Sapphires were gemstones of the highest level. In Folklore, the Sapphire was believed to be a talisman that would protect you against evil spirits and demons of the night. The ancients regarded star sapphires as a powerful talisman protecting travelers and seekers. In contemporary stone folklore, they are believed to enhance focus and creativity, and still to protect from evil spirits.