Red Resin 18 Arhats Prayer Bead Strand
This product is sold out
- The 18 Arhats are the 18 Adepts and Devoted Followers of the Buddha who achieved Perfect Enlightenment.
- Depicted in Mahayana Buddhism as the original followers of the Buddha who have followed the Eightfold Path and attained the Four Stages of Enlightenment, They have reached the state of Nirvana and are free of worldly cravings. They are charged to protect the Buddhist faith and to await on earth for the coming of Maitreya, a prophesied enlightened Buddha to arrive on earth many millennia after Gautama Buddha's death and nirvana
- Each bead depicts a different Arhat, with the Buddha as the guru or anchor bead.
- 18 bead prayer strands are often utilized by pilgrims, as their compact size is better when doing many prostrations in prayer.
- Material is an old fashioned plastic resin ca. 1950-60's
- Bead Size Approx. : 1" x .75"
- Strand Approx. : 16"
- Origin is Thailand