Skip to content
Persian Jet Tawiz / Small Amulet
- Persian Jet Tawiz / Amulet Small
- Jet is highly valued as an Heirloom Charm, but very old fashioned and expensive, and is very difficult to find. With Precious Passages, Prayers and Blessings from the Koran, they are believed to protect the wearer from Evil and Misfortune, and absorb negative energy and thoughts.
- Approx. 16" long
- Pendant measure approx. 17mm x 11mm
- Jet is a type of lignite, a precursor to coal, and is a gemstone. Jet is not a mineral, but rather a mineraloid. It has an organic origin, being derived from decaying wood under extreme pressure.
- Sometime Jet is referred to as “Black Amber,” although it actually has no relation to Amber, but similarly produces a pleasant electrostatic charge when rubbed. Historically, and even in modern stone lore, Jet is a powerful protective stone, that wards off all types of evil and absorbs negative energy, keeping the wearer safe.
- Jet is found in two forms, hard and soft. Hard jet is the result of carbon compression and salt water; soft jet is the result of carbon compression and fresh water.
- The jet found at Whitby, in England, is of early Jurassic age, approximately 182 million years old. Whitby Jet is the fossilized wood from species similar to the extant Chile Pine or Monkey Puzzle Tree.
- Jet is also found in Poland and Santiago de Compostela in Northern Spain, and near Erzurum in Turkey, where it is used to make Prayer Beads and Talismen that are treasured throughout the Middle Eastern World.