Peridot Faceted Drop Earrings with Sterling Silver Ear Wires
This product is sold out
- Peridot Faceted Drop Earrings with Sterling Silver Ear Wires
- Approx. 1 1/4" drop from ear
- Bead size approx. 8mm x 12mm
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- Peridot is the official birthstone for the month of August and is also the stone for the Zodiac sign of Leo and Virgo. Peridot is a unique stone because it only comes in one color, green, although, the shade and hue vary depending on the iron content. Peridot is also the only gemstone that is sometimes found in meteorites. Historically the volcanic island Zabargad (St. John) in the Red Sea, east of Egypt, was the most important deposit exploited for 3500 years. Today's main deposits of Peridot are in Arizona, China, Vietnam and Pakistan. Folk and stone lore rumor that Peridot may attract love and calm anger, while also soothing nerves and dispelling negative emotions.